Sunday, July 19, 2009

16 weeks and counting

We'll try to take pictures every month or so to give you an idea of how the baby is coming along, at least from the outside. This picture really doesn't look considerably different from the one we took three weeks ago, but I certainly feel different. The skin on my tummy feels tighter, more full. Also, my belly button is starting to look funny. It is not poking out yet, but it is certainly getting pushed on from the inside.It's rather amusing.
I already feel huge, which is funny, since it's still barely noticeable for the most part. I'm pretty sure that I will not get used to it, and I'll just continue feeling like I'm very large, seeing as how I'll be getting larger. My reactions to my body are almost as entertaining as what's actually happening.
Also, I got back results of my baby's risks for certain genetic disorders. The risk for Down syndrome is 1/3646 and the risk for Trisomy 18 is 1/24041. So I think we're doing pretty good.

1 comment:

  1. Looking good! You are right- the changes in your body aren't anything you get use to. Not the first child anyway. Just wait until you can actually feel her moving around in there!

    ReplyDelete