Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving

Today I'm so thankful for my family. For everyone who I will not see today, and for the family that I get to spend Thanksgiving with today. I am especially thankful for my little growing family that consists of me, Robert and Gabriel. It sounds really weird, but I feel like he's a part of everything we're doing today - I mean I feel like he is a separate individual who is enjoying the holidays with us. I know that he's still a part of me, but when I think of us getting ready for the holidays, I view him as being not a part of me, but his own little self. It's really hard to explain. But I'm excited to do all of the Christmas decorating and everything that we have not done for the past five years. It's because of the baby that we'll be staying home, so it feels like this is our first Christmas together. Even though he won't officially be here yet! So maybe that's why I feel like he is participating, when really, he is just along for the ride.
So that may not make any sense, but I wanted to try to convey what I was feeling today. I'm thankful for all of you, and I love you very much! And I'm thankful for chocolate covered peanut butter balls, which Robert is making while I type this!

1 comment:

  1. I'm thankful for chocolate-covered peanut butter balls, too! And all that other stuff you said as well... I'm gonna miss you guys at Christmas probably 6 times as much as i missed everyone at Thanksgiving, but I like the image the decorated house and cold weather and great anticipation of a brand new person about to find himself smack dab in the middle of a beautiful life. Your welcome for the webcam, by the way--we for sure gotta break that sucker out on Christmas Eve! Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete