Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sugar!!

So I'm in trouble. Apparently I have been eating too many sugary foods, cause I got a lecture from the doctor when I went in for my visit this week. I have never been the kind of person who pays super close attention to what I eat. I figure I eat well, very little fast food (and I like to think the fast food I do eat is not as bad as McDonald's), not very much junk food, lots of vegetables and very little meat. I do love chocolate, and ice cream, so I know I'm not perfect, but still. Now I will have to pay attention to added sugar in stuff, and no more ice cream or other sugar-filled goodies for a while. (/cry)
Other than that the baby seems fine. I will probably start feeling baby move sometime around our next ultrasound, or maybe very soon thereafter. So exciting!! I am sure those updates will be infinitely more interesting.

2 comments:

  1. I feel ya! When I was pregnant with my first child, I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes on Christmas Eve!! And I had just went and bought tons of candy for Christmas stockings (I lived with my young siblings). Right at the holidays with the most sugar coated sugar, I was cut off.

    I ate it in moderation, and went in for weekly blood draws. By the time I had him, I looked like a junkie. It was horrible. But, worth it in the end! I had a happy, healthy (albeit large) baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear that others have gone through this too. I think I'm doing better now, although I haven't had another test. Hopefully I've got it under control now.

    ReplyDelete