Saturday, September 19, 2009

Cute little knitted things

Here is the first post of stuff I've knit for the baby! I've knit four pairs of baby booties and one hat, and I'm in the middle of another hat, which I ran out of yarn for. I still have two more baby bootie patterns that I'd like to try, so I'm waiting to do a baby bootie specific post. But I needed to share this hat and bootie pair with you. They're not a set in that the patterns necessarily go together - I just knit them from the same yarn, so they match. The booties are ridiculously tiny, I'm not even sure they would fit a newborn infant. And the yarn is not necessarily baby soft yarn, so an infant might hate it. But the hat is the most adorable thing on the planet, I think. And it was super easy, so I could definitely make another. The hat pattern is called the Genghis Baby Hat. Very fitting I think. Once I'm done with booties and hats, I'll be moving on to bigger projects. I have in the queue a baby book and a sleeper that I already have the yarn for. So you'll be hearing more from me on the knitting front, I'm sure.
Oh and in other news, I have a baby shower scheduled. One of my friends from work is hosting it for me, but in case you're curious, it's on October 24th. I only registered at Target, because I truly hate Babies R Us, and I don't want anyone to feel obligated to shop there. We start childbirth preparation classes in a couple of weeks. I'm excited! We're going to actually have a real live child with us soon!!! AAaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my god!! Well, he certainly couldn't ask for better booties... :)

    ReplyDelete