Friday, September 4, 2009

Diagnosis . . .

Guess who does not have gestational diabetes? Well, lots of people, I'm sure, but also, me! Like we thought, my body just does weird things when processing sugar, but I am not diabetic, and it causes no harm to my pregnancy. My body just apparently doesn't process sugar through my blood as well, or something, and it ends up in my kidneys, but it is not a problem. What lovely good news.
I still plan on sticking to my new healthier eating habits, although I will probably not restrict myself quite as much. Can you believe I only had chocolate once in the past month, and that was on my birthday? I can hardly believe it myself.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome news! I hope you celebrated with some chocolate?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your health and your boy's health! I just found your blog, and I'm having fun reading about you enjoying your pregnancy like I did mine. Being a Mom is even more fun, but much harder to blog about (timewise).
    People gave us zillions of newborn things, but if you are not yet inundated, I have stuff for you ... And some T-shirts for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!
    Julia - I would love whatever you want to throw my way! Just let me know what works for you. :) You'll be getting a shower invite soon, too. Thanks for checking out the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Congrats on the no diabetes thing. Especially considering all of that hard work you've been putting into it! A piece of chocolate occasionally is most definitely in order...

    ReplyDelete